Monday, January 5, 2009

Guttery Ghoul

I was once flushed down the sink and since then I have not seen the light of the day. Mummified in toilet paper I drifted on the lonely stream. I tried drowning sometimes but nothing really happened. Hoping that someday I would flow out into the openness of blue skies and bluer seas. Sadly, I have wandered in pipes, holes and gutters for years.

In the sewers, I never really did end up seeing any Ninja Turtles nor did I see Monsters from the unknown. Creepies and crawlies I sure saw a share of but they somehow seemed a lot quieter than what I had ought them out to be. Although there was this one instance when I had seen a hand float past by me. I never did find out what it was and whose it belonged to, I had some bad night thinking about that floating piece of flesh. Even the red nail polish reflecting the iris of my eyes flows through my brain at times.

Today is another day I wake up in the murky depths of my home. Everyday I pray that I leave this prison but everyday I wish lesser for it to happen. It is in these sewers that I am the lone ranger, I know the pipes and the drains by heart. Out there, the world might eat me up one day and spit me out the next.

Whatever the one up there has planned for me, I’ll be ready for it.

Afterall, Shit happens.

3 comments:

Anumeha said...

vinayak!!!
potty!!!!!!!

kicking.and.screaming said...

lots of 'really's' and 'did's'

" Monsters "
why capital 'm' ?

" I never did find out what it was and whose it belonged to,I had some bad night thinking about that floating piece of flesh."
'whose' ?
'night' ?

weird post. im hoping it was practice and pushing of self, and not heart felt :P .

renu said...

khup sahi lihilay...:)
i loved reading all ur posts...!!!